Thursday, 14 April 2016

Growing Pains

An affliction of the young, at certain stages, is to go though growing pains. Not sure how scientific it is but has something to do with growth rate not keeping up with ability to grow. Being a bit of a shorty not something I've ever contended with but observed it in those who have reached dizzier heights than me.

Thought of the phrase because I've been experiencing growing pains of a spiritual variety recently. I know where I want to reach and I feel so sure of reaching there on a Sunday morning at church. But as life catches up on me during the week everything becomes a little more hazy. Troubles and difficulties close in on me and I wonder where it all went wrong. But I'm starting to recognize that these very difficulties and struggles are an opportunity to grow.

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,  through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.  Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;  perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. Romans 5 v 1-5

As I cry out to God in my difficulties he is using these things to help me to grow, in dependence on him and knowledge of Jesus.  That gives me hope, even in the hardest of situations that God will use them for my good.

So do I still experience growing pains? Yes, but I can know none of them are wasted. I might not reach 6 foot 6 inches but I will be growing as a Christian and learning more about Jesus. 


Image result for growing pains in teenagers


No comments:

Post a Comment