Tuesday, 15 December 2015

How Did I Manage?

I am old enough to remember life as an adult where I didn't have a mobile phone. I can't remember how it worked. I am imagining it went something like this:

  • if I wanted to arrange something with someone I'd pick up the phone and arrange a time and place to meet
  • if I was running late I'd just have to run faster
  • if I wanted to cancel at the last minute I'd have to either not turn up or honor my original arrangement
  • while I was with them I gave them 100% whole attention with no distractions 
  • when I left them that was it until the next phone call/time we met
They say that less is more. I wonder if we over communicate these days but really don't say any more than in the "olden days."

Image result for mobile phone anti social


No comments:

Post a Comment