Tuesday, 15 December 2015

Honesty Works!

Read a while ago about dealing with conflict in relationships (all, not just the big R ones) and the way we tend to withdraw and back off when there is a hint of conflict. The challenge was to move towards the other person and sort things out rather than hiding away and protecting oneself in a shell. Sounded great on paper but much harder to implement in practice. But, the challenge has been chipping away at me throughout the year. I've made small progress, obviously softly softly and with tact! I can look back at a small handful of situations where I opted for resolution rather than retreat....and was glad I did. Hopefully it'll get easier with time...but I suspect it'll be a lifetime of trial and error.

Honesty is the best policy...in practice.

Image result for conflict

No comments:

Post a Comment