Friday, 19 December 2014

Running Back To Base Camp

You know how it can be sometime where you feel the days of keeping short account with God are a dim and distance memory and you long for that close walk of yesterday. Subtle sin, not obvious to anyone, plugs that spontaneous relationship and easy dependence.

My prayer surely is:

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. 
Psalm 42 v 1

But the works bit of me kicks in...I've messed up too much...the walk back is too long. Too many careless words, thoughts and actions.

This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.
Isaiah 30 v 15

Well I want all of it and smile with gratitude at the overwhelming grace of my big God. Thank-you that although we remember the birth of Jesus, that you completed the plan of sending him to die on the cross. That's why I can have a personal relationship with God, because Jesus has died for my sin.



No comments:

Post a Comment