Saturday, 2 January 2010

Creative energies have disappeared into a vacuum. Ideas for things to write about have been sapped away. My mind has been occupied with other things as the holidays draw to a close and work begins again. My blog's loss has been lesson planning's gain though!

I am reminding myself of something I put on facebook at the start of the holidays. It's more salutory to take it on board now rather than then but it nevertheless is true and after a few hours labouring at my laptop today I'm ready to enjoy a brew and a gas in a few minutes. It has been a wonderful holiday but wouldn't appreciate it as much if I was on holiday all the time. Be nice to try it out though!!!

Work is a blessing. [YES! A BLESSING!] God has so arranged the world that work is necessary, and He gives us hands and strength to do it. The enjoyment of leisure would be nothing if we had only leisure. It is the joy of work well done that enables us to enjoy rest, just as it is the experiences of hunger and thirst that make food and drink such pleasures. -

No comments:

Post a Comment