Saturday, 26 December 2009

I love driving at night. Have done since I was a kid. Except now I am the one behind the steering wheel which is even better (I love driving too!). Don't know why I like it so much. I think it's often because if you're driving at night you're heading towards home, sometimes after a long day away from it.

Also, roads tend to be quiet and you feel alone yet safe in the dark because you're cocooned in your car. A familiar road looks so different in the dark; takes a new romantic nature as normally familiar landmarks are dark and mysterious. And motorways turn into space highways (!) as you speed along the highway in the dark.

I had a 25 minute drive home tonight after an evening with some friends "down South." Well, south of junction 33 anyway! Of course I enjoyed the drive back but even having said all that, the best bit was turning the lock in the door and coming back to "home sweet home." There is no place in the world like it is there?

Night

No comments:

Post a Comment